Tuesday, May 06, 2008

Whatchu Know about Pinot Grigio and Roasted Duck?

Tuesday morning on the way to work. Shuttle is crawling past some on-ramps. Looks like it is going to be a beautiful day, its already clear and sunny and its 8:10am. The shuttle just drove by the guy who works in my building pushing a snack cart between 3 and 4pm calling out snack attack. Yesterday they had hazelnut brittle. According to his bumper sticker he is into City Lights.
Cat is getting better. He is limping around with a dinosaur cast on and beginning to be more rambunctious.
Kia and I went over to Heather and Salim's last night and got to hear their wedding story finally. It was pretty damned cool. I won't ruin it for you if you haven't heard but it involves Chuck Taylors and surprise vacations. The two of them are going to Beijing in a couple of weeks for six months. I have to admit, I am pretty jealous that they are getting to go to China but not jealous of being gone for six months. They will be there for the Olympics (if they can find a place to stay...).
Kia is headed out to Texas in a couple days to hang out with her grandparents and cousins. She is pretty amped on the prospect of a sun-tan.
We went to A.G. Ferrari's on Sunday and bought expensive Italian cheese. When I say we bought it I mean we were both physically there, but I bought it because Kia can't eat dairy. The cheese was an imported soft cheese that I can best describe as fresh mozzarella stuffed with a mild creamy cheese inside it, perhaps it was just a mozzarella which hadn't firmed up all the way. I didn't get around to talking to the sales lady about it before I had purchased a big chunk of this and a loaf of ciabatta and was headed home.
Almost at work. Later.

1 comment:

robert said...

If there's one basic thing about S.F., it's that the food can't be beat. I remember being in school and saving up for a week or so just so I could try out a different place. I remember the Gold Spike, and Lucca's and Caffe Trieste and a couple of places around Maiden Lane. Mostly just wandering around North Beach sniffing the breeze could fill you up for an afternoon. I never made it to Julius' Castle, and I wonder if it was any good.