Friday, March 14, 2008

Scrapers and 2pac Shoes

OK, I need to diversify my posting a little but whatever, here are some more awesome hip-hop related items.
I mentioned a few posts ago that I am obsessed with scrapers, Kia knows, its likely an obsession that I will never indulge (very likely) although if I do it might be much later in life so I would be like a weird old guy with the dumbed out scraper. What is a scraper? Thanks for asking dad. A scraper is a large American car, usually from the 70s, 80s or 90s although I have seen some recent models scraped out. Cars from the 50s and 60s are usually not turned into scrapers as much as straight out low riders. So, you get a big ol' American car, you put some candy colored paint on it, and you slap some 20-24 inch rims on it (bigger has been done, but its tough). Imagine Escalade rims on an '89 Impala, heck why imagine?

OK, so now you have a visual. This has been a fairly common automotive trend in the bay area with the hyphy youngsters and makes me very jealous - seriously. Further illustration.







There are scraper bikes too apparently, but come on, that's just ridiculous.
On an entirely unrelated note, I am trying to get one of my coworkers to sport some 2pac shoes. They look like this:




So if you work with me and are dying to see Dan Chow sport these feel free to donate a few dollars to the fund and peer pressure him into rocking what very well might be the baddest sneakers of all time.
Word.

1 comment:

robert said...

For all you uninitiated out there: The sneaks come in "blood" red and "I'm" black.
I have the impression that "scrapers" comes from the fact that if you can get the wheels just a little too big, you can scrape off the rubber on your tires in the wheel wells.
I am not so far out of it that I am behind in the Detroit Iron game. You do not do scrapers with your Asian import.
I always thought it would be fun to at least drive one of these goof ball things, but I've decided that since Boyd Coddinton died, there's no reason to make any more design efforts. It is like High Noon. You don't need any more westerns. I also don't listen to any music created after Frank Zappa died. It's just too painful.