Sunday, April 12, 2009

I'm A Traveling Man, Moving Through Places, Space and Time

Hopping my flight back to the US in 6 hours which means I need to get out of the office and go scoop up the rest of my bags, get my self together and get the hell out of Dodge.
Tokyo has been fantastic and the last few weeks have been completely bonkers in the best kind of way. Work was completely nuts up until the week before last and then Kia and I jumped a flight to Okinawa for a week which was the completely relaxing and refreshing.
The last 3-4 weeks have been pretty weak in terms of blog posting. I have gotten pretty bad about normal updates and have reverted to just posting YouTube clips (nothing wrong with this by the way).
Here is a quick run down of whats been going on. I will probably blog more about some of these.

Trip to Nagano and Yudanaka to see snow monkeys and onsen.
Trip to Kobe and Kiyoto to see historic sights and visit relatives.
Trip to Okinawa to sit on the beach and... sit on the beach.
Baseball game (Giants vs. Tigers - that's Yomiure Giants and Hanshin Tigers) which ended in a draw... "There's no draws in baseball!"
Figuring out a new role - Going to Dublin, doing roughly the same thing as I do now :)
Figuring out move logistics associated with that - actually Kia did most of this - thanks wifey!
Checking out some cherry blossoms - sakura ichiban!

OK, that list isn't that long, but it was a lot to do. Also, I am quite sure that I am forgetting a number of things. Doh.
Anyway, back in SF in roughly 18 hours. Be there for a couple weeks and then headed out for AK then Dublin.
Leaving Tokyo is extremely tough. I have had an awesome time and I have so much more that I would like to do here. That's as sappy as I am going to get on the blog. If you want to see me blubber, buy me a beer :)
Grind hard.

1 comment:

Sara said...

Noooooo.....you were supposed to move back to SF! I can't have two Irish Matts in my life!