Thursday, July 05, 2007

U S A ... U S A ....

One of my coworkers asked me what I normally do in the US to celebrate the 4th of July. My answer to this was "nothing really". I guess this is wrong. We tend to eat processed meat and blow stuff up. Damn, I could go for a reindeer sausage and some roman candles right about now.
I am headed back to SF tomorrow and will be in the US until July 16th (Kia's birthday). People have been asking if I am going to do anything special when I get home. My response to these questions is "not really". I do have designs on eating some foods that I have been missing (Papalote here I come) and buying some clothing (apparently I am not a standard Chinese size, even in shoes). Other than that my plan is to try to avoid being a vegetable because of jet lag.

OK musical recommendation for the day: Citizen Cope
Yes, I am emotionally stable enough to put music other than gangsta rap on my blog.
Yes, I know that the lead singer kind of looks like Tina Majorino from Napoleon Dynamite and Big Love (watch Big Love if you haven't already started - its awesome).
Yes, I know that they opened at one point for Nelly Furtado.

Thats it. No photos this time. I have been lugging my camera with me just about everywhere but the process of taking it out of my backpack has been insurmountable.

1 comment:

kayeong said...

Orange chicken Pasta is waiting for you...make sure you eat those food we miss in Beijing for us, and please come back , we still need to get a bike !